Undoubtedly, Education is one of the most affected areas due to Covid-19. Because of the lockdown, students were finding it difficult to cope with academics, and receive a decent education.
To solve this problem, Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman, the Finance Minister, has announced a PM eVIDYA program for students in light of this. Various types of online models will be launched as a part of this program in order to give quality education to students.
Here is the complete information about the PM eVIDYA program, including its goals, benefits, features, eligibility, the required documents, and application procedure.
About PM eVidya- One Nation One Digital Platform
The Government of India has launched the PM eVIDYA program. Under this scheme, the top 100 Universities of India will start educating students through an online mode of education after 30th May 2020.
As there are many students throughout India who do not have access to the internet, therefore for all those students, the Swayam Prabha DTH channel will be launched to provide education and to reach out to these students.
The Government is also planning to launch 12 more similar channels under this scheme. Other than that a Diksha platform will also be launched which will include e-content and QR code energized books for all the classes.
PM eVIDYA will also be called a One Nation Digital platform. Other than that a TV channel called “one class one channel” will also be launched for students who are studying in class 1st to class 12th. For visually and hearing impaired students the Government will also do radio podcasts. All the essential steps will be taken by the Government, so that the education of students does not suffer due to nationwide lockdown.
Objectives Of PM eVIDYA Program
The main objective of the government through the PM eVIDYA program is to provide quality education and to reach out to as many students as possible via digital platforms. The Government is going to take all the essential steps to ensure that there is no hindrance in the education of students due to Lockdown. Through this initiative, students are not required to be physically present in order to get an education as they will get an education from the comfort of their home. This will save a lot of time and money and will also bring transparency to the system.
Benefits Of PM eVIDYA Program
- Through the PM eVIDYA program, digital/online/on-air access to education will be ensured.
- Due to this program, more than 25 crore school going children will be benefited.
- After 30th May 2020, the top 100 Universities of the country will start educating students in an online mode.
- Swayam Prabha TV channel will be launched to provide education for all those students who do not have access to the internet.
- Under this scheme, 12 more similar channels will also be launched.
- Diksha platform will be launched which will include e-content and QR code energized books for all the classes.
- This program will also be called as one Nation one digital platform.
- One Class One Channel, a TV channel, will also be launched for students who are studying in class 1st to class 12th.
- For visually and hearing impaired students, the Government will also provide the facility of a radio podcast.
- The Government will be taking all the crucial measures so that the education of students does not suffer due to nationwide lockdown.
- This program will help the students to get education from the comfort of their home.
The Post-Budget reaction by Divya Tej Periera, Founder & CEO of Tutrrd – Online Learning App
During this pandemic, digital learning platforms made it possible for students to study, learn and gain knowledge from experts without going to school or classes. By bridging the physical learning gap, digital learning platforms can be a boon for various students, where commuting to places is nowadays a big concern.
I also strongly believe that teaching and learning should not be restricted to any geographical boundaries. It has always been my vision to empower teachers as well to connect with students and ensure they have the technology and skills to make learning an exciting and fulfilling experience.
This is exactly why we created Tutrrd, a platform for teachers and students that offers the most effective way of online learning in India. Tutrrd helps teachers to take online tuitions and earn an additional income from the comfort of their home and it also helps students to find expert teachers based on their subject specialization and book one-on-one tuitions with them.
But, Online education can only serve as a supplement to traditional education. I would have liked to see a stronger focus on improving the teaching and learning processes in terms of infrastructure and tech-enabled curriculum in schools. I am hoping to see more improvements in that direction in the future.