Social media platforms are widely used by educational facilities and institutions to highlight the memorable and significant aspects of school and college life. From uploading videos, photographs capturing the flurry of campus life, and short clips to sharing stories that feature social events and upcoming, informative programs, social media is one of the most interactive and engaging marketing solutions available.
But, can independent tutors also use social media to promote their online tuitions? And how can you, as an online one-on-one tutor, emphasize everything your courses have to offer in a way that will speak to your target audience?
Well, Tutrrd is here to tell you why promoting your tutoring business on social media platforms is a truly amazing idea and how to go ahead and implement it!
- Select the right Social Media Platforms – If you’re a tutor who is not quite convinced about using social media or selecting the right platforms to your best possible advantage, we’re sure you will greatly benefit from this section. With nearly hundreds of social media platforms to choose from, how do you know which is the right channel for promoting your tutoring services?
When narrowing down on your choices, it is essential to analyze your customer base and the clients you would cater to. So, aim to create profiles on platforms your target audience predominantly uses in order to facilitate easy connection. For instance, Facebook has relatively more users compared to other social networking sites.
But if your target audience (say, students) spend more time on Instagram, that’s exactly where you should focus. Conduct thorough research to determine what platforms your audience is more likely to use and then strategize accordingly.
- Define your Promotional Goals – Defining your promotional goals is highly essential since it provides your tutoring services with a vision, objective, direction, and purpose. Is your main goal acquiring more students or enhancing brand awareness? Is tutoring your short-term aim or a long-term venture?
By setting measurable goals, you can effectively assess whether your strategies and campaigns were impactful and understand the kind of influence they had in terms of generating leads, increasing customer value, driving engagement, and improving performance.
- Facilitate Engagement – Every social media channel is characterized by its own unique mode of communication and engagement. For example, while LinkedIn is excellent for sharing organizational information and displaying professional expertise, Twitter and Instagram are ideal for navigating trending topics and conversations.
Aligning with these aspects, you can utilize your study materials and course information to create resourceful polls and informative quizzes. This approach would not only facilitate engagement but also give your prospective clients a preview of what they can expect from you as their tutor. Having improved social media engagement ensures that your customers build a more robust relationship with your brand. This, in turn, offers added opportunities to promote your online tuitions by establishing brand loyalty and increasing word-of-mouth referrals.
- Focus on Curating Relevant Content – Digitally connected customers are more likely to view you as a potential tutor and think favorably of your tutoring business if you can directly answer their questions and resolve their queries. And the best possible way to achieve this is by creating relevant, thought-provoking, and relatable content.
In addition to the nature of the content, whether educating, interesting, motivating, or entertaining, you must focus on communicating in a tone and language that resonates with your audience. So, before you begin working on the desired content, ask yourself these questions –
Does the post/story add value to your brand as an online tutor?
- Does it have an interactive and unique call to action (CTA)?
- Will it drive positive engagement and reviews?
- Is the content personalized or simply picked up from other creators?
- Is it directly connecting with your audience?
- Is the content (written and visual) well-organized and aesthetically pleasing?
- Does it encourage user-generated content?
Remember, social media provides your tutoring business with the power to connect with students looking for online instructors. Hence, focusing on creating engaging, consistent, and interesting content for your target audience is pivotal.
- Easy Accessibility and Quick Response Time – Potential customers are likely to contact you on your social media accounts with requests or queries that need prompt assistance and response. As a best practice, always reply immediately to concerns or questions like course details, fees, class duration, and other information. Remember to list your contact details on your profile, including your email address and phone number, in case users want to get in touch with you personally instead of communicating via DMs and comments.
Social media grants innumerable advantages and opportunities to promote your online tutoring business by sharing informational content, building communities, and establishing long-term relationships. Although getting started with social media marketing as a tutor can be challenging, it doesn’t have to be the only approach you use!
By registering with reliable e-learning platforms like Tutrrd, you can further promote your tutoring services with absolute convenience and success. Our diverse database offers easy access to thousands of students looking for the right one-on-one online tutor. And the best part? You can build an online presence globally and teach from the comfort of your own home. So, sign up to become a tutor with Tutrrd right away!